Ord Mains Level Crossing
Cromarty Firth, Highland
Ord Mains Level Crossing Location Map
Ord Mains Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.7033 / 57°42'11"N
Longitude: -4.1459 / 4°8'45"W
OS Eastings: 272219
OS Northings: 870186
OS Grid: NH722701
Mapcode National: GBR J84C.7NT
Mapcode Global: WH4FC.9M0Y
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ord Mains Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ord Mains
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV180LE
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 32 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 15
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Cromarty Firth
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.