Parkestone West Level Crossing
Ramsey and Parkeston, Essex
Parkestone West Level Crossing Location Map
Parkestone West Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9472 / 51°56'50"N
Longitude: 1.2529 / 1°15'10"E
OS Eastings: 623649
OS Northings: 232636
OS Grid: TM236326
Mapcode National: GBR VQH.ZJ2
Mapcode Global: VHLCF.NBQ3
- Name: Parkestone West
- Crossing Type: Private Manned Barriers
- Location: Ramsey and Parkeston CP
- Postcode: CO124SL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: MAH
- Distance: 68 miles 61 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 70
- 1021 Vehicles
- 89 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
Civil Parish/community: Ramsey and Parkeston
District Council Ward: Ramsey and Parkeston
District Council: Tendring District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Tendring Rural East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.