Pikins Level Crossing
Pikins Level Crossing Location Map
Pikins Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.5751 / 52°34'30"N
Longitude: -3.5611 / 3°33'39"W
OS Eastings: 294308
OS Northings: 298620
OS Grid: SN943986
Mapcode National: GBR 9G.BV6X
Mapcode Global: WH68R.8JHQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pikins Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pikins
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Carno Community
- Postcode: SY175JU
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA2
- Distance: 60 miles 35 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: April 2013
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Caersws
Civil Parish/community: Carno Community
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
UK Parliament Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Unitary Authority: Powys Council
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.