Plumpton Level Crossing
Plumpton, East Sussex
Plumpton Level Crossing Location Map
Plumpton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9282 / 50°55'41"N
Longitude: -0.059 / 0°3'32"W
OS Eastings: 536501
OS Northings: 116103
OS Grid: TQ365161
Mapcode National: GBR KP6.PX7
Mapcode Global: FRA B6RN.BV1
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Plumpton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Plumpton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Plumpton CP
- Postcode: BN7 3ED
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: KJE1
- Distance: 44 miles 47 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 76
- 513 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Chailey
County Council: East Sussex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Lewes
District Council: Lewes District Council
Civil Parish/community: Plumpton
District Council Ward: Plumpton, Streat, East Chiltington and St John (Without)
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.