Ponthir Level Crossing
Ponthir Level Crossing Location Map
Ponthir Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6292 / 51°37'45"N
Longitude: -2.9762 / 2°58'34"W
OS Eastings: 332523
OS Northings: 192715
OS Grid: ST325927
Mapcode National: GBR J6.8J37
Mapcode Global: VH7B6.C9FX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ponthir Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ponthir
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Ponthir Community
- Postcode: NP181GR
- Route: Wales
- ELR: HNL1
- Distance: 38 miles 3 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 78
- 6 Vehicles
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Llanyrafon South
UK Parliament Constituency: Monmouth
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Monmouth
Civil Parish/community: Ponthir Community
Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales East
Unitary Authority: Torfaen Council
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.