Poole Level Crossing
Poole Town, Poole
Poole Level Crossing Location Map
Poole Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7176 / 50°43'3"N
Longitude: -1.9822 / 1°58'56"W
OS Eastings: 401349
OS Northings: 90887
OS Grid: SZ013908
Mapcode National: GBR XR4.M1
Mapcode Global: FRA 67Q5.ZGP
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Poole Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Poole
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Poole (B)
- Postcode: BH151BN
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML2
- Distance: 113 miles 51 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
1 (Extremely High)
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 20 mph
- Trains per day: 120
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 28269 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 15 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - 4 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: Poole
Unitary Authority: Poole Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Poole Town
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.