Pottery Level Crossing
Chidham and Hambrook, West Sussex
Pottery Level Crossing Location Map
Pottery Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8462 / 50°50'46"N
Longitude: -0.8849 / 0°53'5"W
OS Eastings: 478601
OS Northings: 105778
OS Grid: SU786057
Mapcode National: GBR CF3.YXX
Mapcode Global: FRA 961V.M38
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pottery Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pottery
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Chichester District
- Postcode: PO188SJ
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH2
- Distance: 33 miles 19 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 190
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Bourne
UK Parliament Constituency: Chichester
District Council: Chichester District Council
Civil Parish/community: Chidham and Hambrook
District Council Ward: Southbourne
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.