Purton Common Level Crossing
Purton Common Level Crossing Location Map
Purton Common Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.596 / 51°35'45"N
Longitude: -1.874 / 1°52'26"W
OS Eastings: 408827
OS Northings: 188580
OS Grid: SU088885
Mapcode National: GBR 3SF.T72
Mapcode Global: VHB3C.G4PV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Purton Common Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Purton Common
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Purton CP
- Postcode: SN5 4HG
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM
- Distance: 81 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 36
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Purton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Purton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.