Rainham Level Crossing
Rainham North, Medway
Rainham Level Crossing Location Map
Rainham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.366 / 51°21'57"N
Longitude: 0.6123 / 0°36'44"E
OS Eastings: 581949
OS Northings: 166232
OS Grid: TQ819662
Mapcode National: GBR QRH.CM7
Mapcode Global: VHJLW.KXLQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Rainham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Rainham
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Medway (B)
- Postcode: ME8 8ED
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 39 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 165
- 3483 Vehicles
- 864 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 6 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Crossing is near station
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Gillingham and Rainham
Unitary Authority: Medway Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Rainham North
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.