Saltmoor Level Crossing
Ashford Carbonel, Shropshire
Saltmoor Level Crossing Location Map
Saltmoor Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3439 / 52°20'37"N
Longitude: -2.7101 / 2°42'36"W
OS Eastings: 351719
OS Northings: 271991
OS Grid: SO517719
Mapcode National: GBR BL.TFGN
Mapcode Global: VH849.ZC41
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Saltmoor Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Saltmoor
- Crossing Type: Public User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Ashford Carbonel CP
- Postcode: SY8 4BU
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 29 miles 62 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 94
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Civil Parish/community: Ashford Carbonel
UK Parliament Constituency: Ludlow
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ludlow South
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.