Sawley Level Crossing
Sawley Level Crossing Location Map
Sawley Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.8908 / 52°53'27"N
Longitude: -1.3128 / 1°18'46"W
OS Eastings: 446333
OS Northings: 332819
OS Grid: SK463328
Mapcode National: GBR 7GS.QXF
Mapcode Global: WHDH2.TL1P
- Name: Sawley
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Breaston CP
- Postcode: DE723EF
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: SPC6
- Distance: 121 miles 39 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 183
- 2268 Vehicles
- 108 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - 3 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Breaston
County Council Electoral Division: Breaston
District Council Ward: Breaston
County Council: Derbyshire County Council
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: Erewash
District Council: Erewash Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.