Scropton Level Crossing
Foston and Scropton, Derbyshire
Scropton Level Crossing Location Map
Scropton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.8686 / 52°52'6"N
Longitude: -1.7169 / 1°43'0"W
OS Eastings: 419154
OS Northings: 330163
OS Grid: SK191301
Mapcode National: GBR 4BN.4QS
Mapcode Global: WHCFY.L5N6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Scropton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Scropton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Foston and Scropton CP
- Postcode: DE655PP
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: NSS
- Distance: 22 miles 54 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 34
- 81 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No key risk drivers identified
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Derbyshire County Council
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Foston and Scropton
County Council Electoral Division: Hilton
District Council Ward: Hilton
UK Parliament Constituency: South Derbyshire
District Council: South Derbyshire District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.