Shalmsford Street Level Crossing
Shalmsford Street Level Crossing Location Map
Shalmsford Street Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2521 / 51°15'7"N
Longitude: 0.9984 / 0°59'54"E
OS Eastings: 609337
OS Northings: 154594
OS Grid: TR093545
Mapcode National: GBR SX1.F7Y
Mapcode Global: VHKK4.8S5J
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Shalmsford Street Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Shalmsford Street
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Chartham CP
- Postcode: CT4 7RX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 66 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 110
- 40 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Canterbury
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Canterbury West
Civil Parish/community: Chartham
District Council Ward: Chartham & Stone Street
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.