Sherrington Level Crossing
Sherrington Level Crossing Location Map
Sherrington Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1549 / 51°9'17"N
Longitude: -2.0564 / 2°3'23"W
OS Eastings: 396148
OS Northings: 139519
OS Grid: ST961395
Mapcode National: GBR 2X8.GX6
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.97PH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sherrington Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sherrington
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Codford CP
- Postcode: BA120SN
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 121 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 78
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Civil Parish/community: Codford
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Warminster Copheap and Wylye
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.