Shornemead Level Crossing
Shornemead Level Crossing Location Map
Shornemead Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4366 / 51°26'11"N
Longitude: 0.4368 / 0°26'12"E
OS Eastings: 569467
OS Northings: 173662
OS Grid: TQ694736
Mapcode National: GBR NMN.WT2
Mapcode Global: VHJLL.J581
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Shornemead Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Shornemead
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Shorne CP
- Postcode: DA123HU
- Route: Kent
- ELR: HDR
- Distance: 27 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 207
- 2 Vehicles
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 9 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - 11 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
UK Parliament Constituency: Gravesham
District Council: Gravesham Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Gravesham Rural
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Shorne
District Council Ward: Shorne, Cobham and Luddesdown
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.