Silverton Level Crossing
Silverton Level Crossing Location Map
Silverton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8034 / 50°48'12"N
Longitude: -3.4613 / 3°27'40"W
OS Eastings: 297124
OS Northings: 101443
OS Grid: SS971014
Mapcode National: GBR LK.YLY7
Mapcode Global: FRA 36MZ.5CQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Silverton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Silverton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Silverton CP
- Postcode: EX5 4HE
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 187 miles 10 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 112
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
County Council Electoral Division: Cullompton Rural
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
Civil Parish/community: Silverton
District Council Ward: Silverton
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.