Snape Level Crossing
Snape Level Crossing Location Map
Snape Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1763 / 52°10'34"N
Longitude: 1.4735 / 1°28'24"E
OS Eastings: 637583
OS Northings: 258806
OS Grid: TM375588
Mapcode National: GBR XQR.FCR
Mapcode Global: VHM7V.HK9H
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Snape Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Snape
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Farnham CP
- Postcode: IP171LY
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 88 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2014
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Farnham
District Council Ward: Hacheston
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wilford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.