Snowdens Level Crossing
Snowdens Level Crossing Location Map
Snowdens Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2143 / 52°12'51"N
Longitude: 1.5471 / 1°32'49"E
OS Eastings: 642409
OS Northings: 263268
OS Grid: TM424632
Mapcode National: GBR XQG.1ZG
Mapcode Global: VHM7P.RLQX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Snowdens Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Snowdens
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Theberton CP
- Postcode: IP164TN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SIZ
- Distance: 93 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2012
- Next assessment due: February 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Leiston
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
Civil Parish/community: Theberton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.