Spittal Level Crossing
Spittal Level Crossing Location Map
Spittal Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 55.7543 / 55°45'15"N
Longitude: -1.9914 / 1°59'29"W
OS Eastings: 400635
OS Northings: 651214
OS Grid: NU006512
Mapcode National: GBR G1JX.N2
Mapcode Global: WH9YK.CMYK
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Spittal Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Spittal
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Gates
- Location: Berwick-upon-Tweed CP
- Postcode: TD151RY
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM7
- Distance: 65 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2020
- Next assessment due: April 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 110
- Trains per day: 109
- 10 Vehicles
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Controlled by Signaller
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Berwick East
UK Parliament Constituency: Berwick-upon-Tweed
Civil Parish/community: Berwick-upon-Tweed
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.