Starcross Level Crossing
Starcross Level Crossing Location Map
Starcross Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.6297 / 50°37'46"N
Longitude: -3.4486 / 3°26'54"W
OS Eastings: 297642
OS Northings: 82108
OS Grid: SX976821
Mapcode National: GBR P3.747D
Mapcode Global: FRA 37ND.Q9S
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Starcross Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Starcross
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Starcross CP
- Postcode: EX6 8PB
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 202 miles 25 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 132
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council: Devon County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Exminster and Kenton
District Council Ward: Kenton with Starcross
UK Parliament Constituency: Newton Abbot
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Starcross
District Council: Teignbridge District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.