Sturry Level Crossing
Sturry Level Crossing Location Map
Sturry Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3018 / 51°18'6"N
Longitude: 1.1268 / 1°7'36"E
OS Eastings: 618060
OS Northings: 160493
OS Grid: TR180604
Mapcode National: GBR TXY.9PK
Mapcode Global: VHLGG.HJ2X
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sturry Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sturry
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Sturry CP
- Postcode: CT2 0EE
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 72 miles 75 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2014
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Canterbury
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Herne and Sturry
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Sturry
District Council Ward: Sturry
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.