Styles Hill Level Crossing
Styles Hill Level Crossing Location Map
Styles Hill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2329 / 51°13'58"N
Longitude: -2.2972 / 2°17'49"W
OS Eastings: 379345
OS Northings: 148234
OS Grid: ST793482
Mapcode National: GBR 0SB.N1D
Mapcode Global: VH97F.48DP
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Styles Hill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Styles Hill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Frome CP
- Postcode: BA115JT
- Route: Western
- ELR: FRA
- Distance: 114 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 52
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Civil Parish/community: Frome
District Council Ward: Frome Berkley Down
County Council Electoral Division: Frome East
District Council: Mendip District Council
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.