Swan's Copse Level Crossing
Swan's Copse Level Crossing Location Map
Swan's Copse Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1855 / 51°11'7"N
Longitude: -0.3119 / 0°18'42"W
OS Eastings: 518073
OS Northings: 144273
OS Grid: TQ180442
Mapcode National: GBR HH3.RXN
Mapcode Global: VHGSF.JGYK
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Swan's Copse Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Swan's Copse
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Capel CP
- Postcode: RH5 4RP
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: BTH3
- Distance: 26 miles 43 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 43
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Beare Green
Civil Parish/community: Capel
County Council Electoral Division: Dorking Rural
UK Parliament Constituency: Mole Valley
District Council: Mole Valley District Council
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.