The Corner Level Crossing
The Corner Level Crossing Location Map
The Corner Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6858 / 52°41'9"N
Longitude: -2.8804 / 2°52'49"W
OS Eastings: 340583
OS Northings: 310158
OS Grid: SJ405101
Mapcode National: GBR BC.3TT1
Mapcode Global: WH8BR.QRKB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of The Corner Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: The Corner
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Westbury CP
- Postcode: SY5 9PU
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA1
- Distance: 6 miles 37 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2020
- Next assessment due: November 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 24
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Loton
UK Parliament Constituency: Shrewsbury and Atcham
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
Civil Parish/community: Westbury
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.