Tisbury West Level Crossing
Tisbury West Level Crossing Location Map
Tisbury West Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0525 / 51°3'8"N
Longitude: -2.0961 / 2°5'45"W
OS Eastings: 393360
OS Northings: 128129
OS Grid: ST933281
Mapcode National: GBR 2YC.YPL
Mapcode Global: FRA 66HB.P6M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Tisbury West Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Tisbury West
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Tisbury CP
- Postcode: SP3 6RD
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 97 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85
- Trains per day: 53
- 51 Vehicles
- 5 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Poor Visibility for Aapproaching Road Vehicles
- Blocking Back
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Tisbury
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Tisbury
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.