Venn Level Crossing
Venn Level Crossing Location Map
Venn Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9095 / 50°54'34"N
Longitude: -3.3657 / 3°21'56"W
OS Eastings: 304077
OS Northings: 113119
OS Grid: ST040131
Mapcode National: GBR LP.R14D
Mapcode Global: FRA 36VP.SQ2
- Name: Venn
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Halberton CP
- Postcode: EX153BY
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN1
- Distance: 177 miles 71 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100
- Trains per day: 96
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
County Council: Devon County Council
Civil Parish/community: Halberton
District Council Ward: Halberton
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Tiverton and Honiton
County Council Electoral Division: Tiverton East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.