Walton Common Level Crossing
Tilbury Riverside and Thurrock Park, Thurrock
Walton Common Level Crossing Location Map
Walton Common Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4671 / 51°28'1"N
Longitude: 0.3899 / 0°23'23"E
OS Eastings: 566099
OS Northings: 176942
OS Grid: TQ660769
Mapcode National: GBR NM6.WZR
Mapcode Global: VHJLC.PDZ6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Walton Common Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Walton Common
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM188UA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 23 miles 40 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 148
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Tilbury Riverside and Thurrock Park
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.