Wells Level Crossing
Wells Level Crossing Location Map
Wells Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.1506 / 53°9'2"N
Longitude: -0.7378 / 0°44'16"W
OS Eastings: 484505
OS Northings: 362240
OS Grid: SK845622
Mapcode National: GBR CKS.D99
Mapcode Global: WHFHB.M2VH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wells Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wells
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Collingham CP
- Postcode: NG237NZ
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NOB1
- Distance: 22 miles 69 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph (up)
70 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 90
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Collingham
County Council Electoral Division: Collingham
District Council Ward: Collingham
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: Newark
District Council: Newark and Sherwood District Council
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.