Welton Level Crossing
Welton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Welton Level Crossing Location Map
Welton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.7226 / 53°43'21"N
Longitude: -0.554 / 0°33'14"W
OS Eastings: 495512
OS Northings: 426104
OS Grid: SE955261
Mapcode National: GBR STKD.V8
Mapcode Global: WHGFN.GPFJ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Welton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Welton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Footpath Crossing
- Location: Welton CP
- Postcode: HU151PJ
- Route: London North East
- ELR: HUL1
- Distance: 9 miles 36 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 144
- 65 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Haltemprice and Howden
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): South Hunsley
Civil Parish/community: Welton
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.