Westerfield Level Crossing
Westerfield Level Crossing Location Map
Westerfield Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.081 / 52°4'51"N
Longitude: 1.1656 / 1°9'56"E
OS Eastings: 617006
OS Northings: 247248
OS Grid: TM170472
Mapcode National: GBR VNV.FK2
Mapcode Global: VHLBM.5Y2K
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westerfield Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westerfield
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: SUFFOLK COUNTY
- Postcode: IP6 9AE
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 72 miles 16 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph (up)
40 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 133
- 7 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Carlford
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Suffolk and North Ipswich
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Fynn Valley
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
Civil Parish/community: Westerfield
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.