Westford Level Crossing
Westford Level Crossing Location Map
Westford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9856 / 50°59'8"N
Longitude: -3.2378 / 3°14'16"W
OS Eastings: 313210
OS Northings: 121421
OS Grid: ST132214
Mapcode National: GBR LV.L9JH
Mapcode Global: FRA 463H.VSV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westford
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Wellington CP
- Postcode: TA210BB
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 170 miles 58 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2014
- Next assessment due: February 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 106
- 44 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Miniature stop lights provided to warn of train approach
County Council: Somerset County Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Taunton Deane
District Council: Taunton Deane Borough Council
Civil Parish/community: Wellington
County Council Electoral Division: Wellington
District Council Ward: Wellington North
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.