Wheathill Level Crossing
Wheathill Level Crossing Location Map
Wheathill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0759 / 51°4'33"N
Longitude: -2.5989 / 2°35'56"W
OS Eastings: 358138
OS Northings: 130901
OS Grid: ST581309
Mapcode National: GBR MQ.DHCM
Mapcode Global: FRA 56F8.RBT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wheathill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wheathill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Lovington CP
- Postcode: TA117HG
- Route: Western
- ELR: CCL
- Distance: 119 miles 0.7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 57
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No key risk drivers identified
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Cary
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
Civil Parish/community: Lovington
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.