Ynyslas Level Crossing
Ynyslas Level Crossing Location Map
Ynyslas Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.5182 / 52°31'5"N
Longitude: -4.0381 / 4°2'17"W
OS Eastings: 261806
OS Northings: 293102
OS Grid: SN618931
Mapcode National: GBR 8T.GJDD
Mapcode Global: VH4DS.YYLX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ynyslas Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ynyslas
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Llangynfelyn Community
- Postcode: SY245LA
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA2
- Distance: 85 miles 21 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 31
- 499 Vehicles
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: Ceredigion
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Ceredigion
Unitary Authority: Ceredigion Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ceulanamaesmawr
Civil Parish/community: Llangynfelyn Community
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.