Kiveton Park railway station serves Kiveton Park in South Yorkshire, England. The original station was opened by the Sheffield and Lincolnshire Junction Railway in 1849, situated to the east of the level crossing and opened with the line. It was rebuilt in the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway "Double Pavilion" style, on the west side of the level crossing in 1884. Kiveton Park was a centre of lime working in the area and many company sidings came under the jurisdiction of its Station Master. Adjacent to the station was the Dog Kennels Lime and Stone Works, named after the road linking the station to Anston, and the Kiveton Park Lime and Stone Works. Just to the east were the Kiveton Park and Anston lime quarries. All the companies had lime burning facilities and agricultural lime was supplied, by rail, to outlets in Lincolnshire. Along with neighbouring Kiveton Bridge station it was completely rebuilt during the early-1990s with modern platforms, lighting and waiting shelters, this work being funded by the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive. The only remaining part of the 1884 station is the Station Master's house which stands on the Sheffield-bound (down) platform. The station is on Northern Rail's Sheffield-Lincoln line. Severe damage was caused to the embankment and tracks during the widespread flooding in 2007.
(Links open in a new window)
|Month||Total Crime||Antisocial Behaviour||Theft from Person||Bicycle Theft||Shoplifting||Robbery||Burglary||Other Theft||Vehicle Crime||Drugs||Weapons||Public Order||Criminal Damage & Arson||Violent Crime||Other Crime|